Growl 1.1.3 Install Probs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Growl has imformed me there is an update so I downloaded it, its 1.1.3
I then installed it and it failed, I tried again and it installed, then I went to Prefrences and clicked on Growl and it shows 1.1.2 so it's not installed. I then installed it again, it failed.

Any advice please?
thanks

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
ok I just googled this and looks like other's are having Install problems as well.

This is what happens when I install Growl 1.1.3
"Install Failed
The installer encountered and unknown error that failed the install. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Solution:
If you get the install failing, do the following: drag and drop the growl.mpkg out of the .dmg file before you install it (move it to desktop) Then install growl 1.1.3

To check it has installed correctly go to System Preferences/Growl/About and if it says Version 1.1.2 still, you have one more step to do...

If you have a Growl.prefpane in the PreferencePanes folder in the Library folder in your Home folder?

Remove it:) Then check Growl/About and it should be version 1.1.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I had a similar problem which I resolved by simply uninstalling 1.1.2 and then installing 1.1.3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
growl reportedly installed successfully for me, but still shows 1.1.2. I think I'll wait til 1.1.4 :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I had this error on both my iMac and my MBP. On both I just shut down all programs and reran it and it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.