duplicates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I have many days of music on my hd. I have managed to get rid of duplicates, renamed most of misspellings etc by way of parallels/xp (go figure ms would be more useful than mac) and most dups... the prob is in itunes I selected show duplicates, but it doesn't show which folder the dup is in (at the moment, itunes isn't set to copy files to itunes music library, or keep it organized). What is left now is over 500 songs that are duplicates in 2 diff folders. Parallels and my xp progs has gone as far as it can go as it won't delete files on the mac side, but I'd prefer to learn how to do this in mac as much as I can...

Is it possible? Is there a webpage for ref? something? thanks (I'm also planning to copy all shortcuts or instructs for easy ref via screengrab - ff addon - or something like this...

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I selected show duplicates, but it doesn't show which folder the dup is in (at the moment, itunes isn't set to copy files to itunes music library, or keep it organized).

Spotlight? Seeing you know the names of the duplicates, just select the first word and type it into Spotlight. Once found, hold the mouse pointer over the selection (wait a little) and a sticky will display with the location of the file(s).

EasyFind? A free application, works like Spotlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 Mini
I just asked this question on another board. Well at least I think I was asking the same on as you. Anyway I was directed to Dupin from doug's apple scripts. shareware, but it seems to be just what i was looking for.
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/itinfo/dupin.php

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
hey thanks... on the page it says not to use stuffit to open it... what else could you use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.