"No audio device" problem with boot camp, no solutions yet

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my first post but I'm always reading and getting awesome answers for my mac problems. For once, after reading everything I could find and trying all I could, I still can't seem to get audio working on my windows partition.

Here's my setup, iMac core 2 duo, 2.00 GHz, 4Gb ram

I've tried the swenum trick, the machine.inf trick, reinstalling drivers and everything, yet still to no avail.

I have the yellow exclamation for the unknown PCI device, and no plug and play device enumerator... Experts Please! I'm pretty good at following directions and I'm pretty sure I did everything right while reading all the other forums, but something is still very wrong... Here's hoping! Thanks in advance

Max

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of XP is this? SP2??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX are you running? Leopard has the drivers on the DVD for Windows. The sound should just work after putting in the OSX DVD into the drive with Windows running and installing the drivers.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes I have leopard, another thing I should have included haha.. I have run the DVD several times and it still doesn't seem to be helping. All the codecs and drivers are installed, but I still have the yellow exclamation mark under PCI devices

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.