Intermitant connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
Hi all,

I have been using my mac for a few months now and I really like it, however one problem that I've not been able to solve is my wireless network.

The connection randomly drops out every 10 minutes or so. It still displays as full signal, but I am signed out of mac messenger and I can't access the internet.

2 other computers (windows laptops) connect to this fine with no problems at all. A full signal is still displayed on the airport icon.The only way for me to remedy this is to turn off airport and turn it back on again.

It's SO annoying and I've not been able to find a solution anywhere!

I am using an iMac alu 20"

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Couple of things to try:
- make sure you've got all the latest updates for OS X
- change the channel on the router

Reaction score
yeh totally agree, change the channel in the router settings - i had same problem, changed my wireless channel and hasnt dropped since - that was 2 years ago!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
Since updating using software update it seems to be fixed, changing the wireless channel will be my 2nd port of call.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.