Old iMac G3 problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
hey guys,
i did some research here in the forum but i couldnt find anything useful to me,but if there are some things i missed im sorry.
there is an old imac g3 which is on sale in my town and i like to buy it but i have some concerns. first of all my mbp was running tiger and i have the tiger cds with me,do you think it is possible to run tiger on that machine?on the old imac g3..i dont know more detailed specs about it but i will post them here as soon as i find out them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
No those disks are machine specific. You need to find tiger or panther install disks. You might be better off with panther 10.3 on that machine depending on the memory installed on the machine. It has to be the disk with the big X on them not the gray disks unless they are the ones specifically for that exact machine.

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
oh than there is no logic in buying it..
i was giong to buy it if tiger could be installed on it via the discs i have..
i dont think ill buy tiger install discs...
thanx fryman22.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 ,1.67 GHz,120 GB hard disk; Slot-Load SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW
as long as you have a firewire port and 256 MB, you'll be fine to install Tiger. but if those cds are restore discs, fryman22 is correct

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.