Exporting photos from iPhoto back to camera... about to go crazy!

Reaction score
I deleted all my pictures from my camera so that I could export them back after editing them (I assumed that was possible because I did it all the time with my old computer). I've tried dragging the photos to the memory stick device that shows up on the desktop, and also to the one in Applications. It always appears to work, sort of, but then when I check the camera it still says no images. It appears that they are somehow in the memory stick, but I want to be able to see the images on the camera. So I went and bought a USB Memory Stick reader.. and I'm pretty sure it was a waste of money because I don't think I needed it- nothing changed. I was able to drag the same way as before, I think they are for people whose camera doesn't show up on the desktop?

The next, maybe even more annoying problem, is that when I drag the pictures, it tells me that some of the images can't be copied because there isn't enough space. Which is impossible because I had ALL those pictures and more on the memory stick before I deleted them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
FWIW card readers are handy when you've got a stack of cards from a trip or a shoot you want to import, and don't want the hassle of hauling the camera out of the bag.

Now, open up Finder, click on your home directory, then click on 'Pictures'. ctrl (right) click on 'iPhoto Library' and click on 'Show Package Contents'. In there there is a folder called 'Originals'. Under that it's sorted by year (2008) then date or project name. Your original photographs are located there, and you can drag them from there to your memory stick.

OP
M
Reaction score
see that's another thing. my iPhoto Library doesn't show up under pictures.. individual pictures do but that's all. No iPhoto Library folder or anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Sounds like you selected a different location when you first launched iPhoto. Right click on a picture and select 'Show File'.

OP
M
Reaction score
It still did the same thing. Is there a way to change the location? That would be helpful with other things too. And I still don't understand why it says there isn't enough space, because I'm only trying to put about 100 pictures on, and before I deleted my pictures there were about 300.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.