Command & Conquer 3 without having disk in??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Does anyone know how I can Play C&C 3 Tiberium Wars without having to have the disk in? I purchased the game the other day and have registered everything online. I installed the game to the HD but what for if I have to have the disk in all the time. The icon on the desktop for the DVD is driving me nuts I don't want do disable the icons thru the finder prefs. for other stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Does anyone know how I can Play C&C 3 Tiberium Wars without having to have the disk in? I purchased the game the other day and have registered everything online. I installed the game to the HD but what for if I have to have the disk in all the time. The icon on the desktop for the DVD is driving me nuts I don't want do disable the icons thru the finder prefs. for other stuff.

EDIT: I deleted the rest of my post because I just realized you don't want to have the dvd icon on the desktop. Seems kind of a weird thing to complain about, seeing as when you're playing the game you can't see your desktop. When you're not playing the game, have you tried ejecting the disc if it bothers you so much?

OP
fyrman22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats what I ended up doing. I use a sleeve and would like to just leave it in there. But no dice I guess I could throw it in the laptop sleeve with a slim disk protector on it. Its just weird that you have to install over 5 gigs of stuff from the disk to the HD and still need the disk in the machine to play the game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
well its all about curbing piracy and it doesnt need the cd for anything other than knowing that you have the real cd.

the only things you can do are to burn a copy so if it get scratched up its not the original, or try and find a no-cd hack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB
OP
fyrman22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks i'll check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
I'm not sure if it works for your game, or other newer games, but try these two things:

You can open up disk utility, select the dvd, and create a disk image from that. You will need to open the .dmg every time you want to play, and it will leave a icon on the desktop until you eject.

If that doesn't work, TOAST IT! I personally don't use toast (as I can open most .toast with disk utility) but my friend uses it. Make a toast file of the dvd and then right click the newly created .toast and go to more and mount it. You will need Toast for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I'm not sure if it works for your game, or other newer games, but try these two things:

You can open up disk utility, select the dvd, and create a disk image from that. You will need to open the .dmg every time you want to play, and it will leave a icon on the desktop until you eject.

If that doesn't work, TOAST IT! I personally don't use toast (as I can open most .toast with disk utility) but my friend uses it. Make a toast file of the dvd and then right click the newly created .toast and go to more and mount it. You will need Toast for this.

These two methods don't work with all games, as some have more precise copyright methods that actually check if a disc is present in the drive. It definitely does work on older games (I use the disk utility method for Starcraft).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
the toast method worked on another game of mine once

OP
fyrman22
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Found these instructions online and it worked!!

download the CommandAndConquer3TiberiumWarsv1.09NoDVDFixedDllEng.rar file from GameBurnWorld and decompress it with unrar or stuffit expander
No DVD Crack : http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/dl.php?file=CommandAndConquer3TiberiumWarsv1.09NoDVDFixedDllEng.rar

Pro Instructions:
Replace the cnc3game.dat file with the one your got from GameBurnWorld at the path /Command and Conquer 3/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/cnc3game.dat

Easy Instructions:
Step 1 - Control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3 to show package contents

Step 2 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3 and control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3again to show package contents

Step 3 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/ folder and drop in the new cnc3game.dat you got from GameBurnWorld.

That's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unstoppable Macbook Pro of death.
ive seen this method posted elsewhere, and people seem to say that it works, but it dosent for me!

any idea why?

Reaction score
Are you trying to update to 1.09 before updating to 1.08? That might be the problem.

Reaction score
Found these instructions online and it worked!!

download the CommandAndConquer3TiberiumWarsv1.09NoDVDFixedDllEng.rar file from GameBurnWorld and decompress it with unrar or stuffit expander
No DVD Crack : http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/dl.php?file=CommandAndConquer3TiberiumWarsv1.09NoDVDFixedDllEng.rar

Pro Instructions:
Replace the cnc3game.dat file with the one your got from GameBurnWorld at the path /Command and Conquer 3/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/cnc3game.dat

Easy Instructions:
Step 1 - Control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3 to show package contents

Step 2 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3 and control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3again to show package contents

Step 3 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/ folder and drop in the new cnc3game.dat you got from GameBurnWorld.

That's it.

Omgawd thank you so much, I've been looking for this solution for 2 years now.... probably never going to find all the MU links now though lol!

Reaction score
Still works in 2017

On Sierra 10.12.4 with C&C3 v1.0.9 The no-CD trick works wonders.

Thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.