Airport Express

Reaction score
ok here's the deal!
i got an Apple Airport Express the other day but i could not set it up the fact that i neede an ethernet cable well i just got one today, well any who i have the network all set up i can print wireless throught my macbook and control the speakers from my room!:D it is awesome!
but here is what is bothering me!
i want to have my AE (Airport Express) to be a seperate Network! canit be done? i have lynksys wireless router and that is connected to my dsl router adn it is also connected with the AE. but when i open up the AE Utility program and i want to set up a wireless network i dont know how! i tried it so many times but it ends up not working it is still conbined with my kynksis! please some one help! oh by the way how do i set it up? well the question is from what computer am i suppose to set it up? through my laptop (macbook) or the desktop the desktop is the host just to let you knnow! the lynksys is connected to my desktop which connects everything else!
-thanks in adv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I'd use the Airport Utility (go to Applications> Utilities> Airport Utility).

Click on your Airport express on the left and hit continue,

2zfo7wo.png

Name it (if you want to change the name), add a password if you want. Continue.

w7790.png

Check the box to create a new network, continue.

2r6k743.png

Enter the details for the network you want and continue.

30a73iv.png

If you are connected via ethernet you'll get this screen to set up internet business. I imagine you're using DHCP, so check the first one and continue.

rk4umu.png

Here's the details of what you've set up. Hit update and all should be ok...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.