Webcam for Power Mac G5?

Reaction score
I am asking this on behalf of my daughter, who has an older PowerMac G5: Are there any webcams out there that will work with her older Mac and that will work well when communicating with me when I get my new iMac? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Are there any webcams out there that will work with her older Mac and that will work well when communicating with me when I get my new iMac?

Try these two links:
http://www.pure-mac.com/webcam.html
http://www.epinions.com/msg/show_~threads/cat_id_~9/id_~4392/forum_id_~468
(you need to wade through a lot of dross)

Maccam is a piece of software that claims to make a number of digicams compatible with Mac. You can find out more about that through Skype.

I use a Logitech Quickcam Go, and whilst it's adequate and works with Skype, I couldn't honestly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have two different web cams that work with my older PowerMac G5.

1/ External iSight. Still available on eBay and still the most versatile solution for your Mac.

2/ Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks. This works with Skype on my G5, but it doesn't work with any of the other programs, such as iChat.

Finally, check out www.ecamm.com. They have the iMage USB Web Cam which is Mac compatible and a great bit of software called iUSBCam that allows you to use a large list of "stock" webcams with iChat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.