card stuck in card reader, able to be read

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
My girlfriend owns an hp pavillion laptop with a card reader on the side. I inserted a card into it and quickly got it stuck. The weird part about this is that it's actually readable and can be accessed on the card. It was supposed to go in the bottom half of the reader and it slipped to the top half. Is there any way to get this abck out? would the spring force it back out somehow? I really dont want to try and get it fixed... Please Help!!!!

Reaction score
Try some tweezers, or a flat object, maybe a butter knife...

You would try your best to refrain from damaging the card reader, but try to slide it out or pull...

Good luck!
-AC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i second tweezers and plenty of patience
-chris

Reaction score
LOL We have an hp on top of a mac. Press the card in a little further into the laptop and the spring which catches it will push it out. You cant just push and pull the card out of the slot, you have to push the card to unlock it so it will slide out with ease.

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But THe card is technically in the wrong slot because it is in there more then it should be! I can try pushing it in there further but im afraid to get it stuck more

Reaction score
But THe card is technically in the wrong slot because it is in there more then it should be! I can try pushing it in there further but im afraid to get it stuck more

Did you try the tweezers?

OP
srmorris2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did for a min but I could not get it around the card...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.