Bootcamp woes!

Reaction score
Hi

I've installed bootcamp from a download, version 1.3, on my macbook running 10.5.3.

Found an initial problem of not having the option of burning a driver disk, trying several times to bring up that option I figured I'd skip it and carry on. Created a drive partition no problems, installed XP SP2, found that I'd not reformatted the drive properly, tried installing XP again formatted the drive to a FAT32 and it worked fine. So I could boot into windows fine, although no drivers. Rebooted into mac to try and get the drivers.

1. I don't have the leopard disk (friend is borrowing it) so don't have drivers on that (that bootcamp suggested).
2. Bootcamp won't burn a driver disk.
3. Google doesn't show anywhere where I can d'l the drivers needed.

But the bigger problem is that now I can't boot into windows, pressing and holding the option key doesn't bring up the bootable options.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Josh

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You do not need to install the older Beta bootcamp. It's all built into Leopard. You need the Leopard DVD for the drivers now with the new version.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yeah. Thanks.

I think it a little odd that there's all the drivers for windows that you'll ever need but when it comes to windows on mac there are no drivers out there!!

Guess I'll have to chase him to get the disk back!!!

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.