Power on tune

Reaction score
How do I turn OFF the tune that plays when I turn on my iMac desktop computer? I have Mac OS X 10.5.2 running. Is there a way to turn it off, if so, I'd appreciate anyone letting me know.
Thanks
urbaud

Reaction score
Now, the only way to do it in OS X is to mute when you shut down.

I did some googling and found this for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I agree that muting your sound is the best approach.

The preference pane you found RobertC looks a little dangerous to me. It doesn't appear to be Leopard aware, and was released in 2007, so any late model Macs (the new Mac Pro, the new iMac, the latest MacBook/Pro revisions may all not be well tested or working properly. I guess this is a "use at your own risk" warning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I think the muting only works on laptops if you use the mute key. But I may be wrong.

On my MBP i just press the mute key and its works fine but doesn't work on my imac.

Reaction score
I agree that muting your sound is the best approach.

The preference pane you found RobertC looks a little dangerous to me. It doesn't appear to be Leopard aware, and was released in 2007, so any late model Macs (the new Mac Pro, the new iMac, the latest MacBook/Pro revisions may all not be well tested or working properly. I guess this is a "use at your own risk" warning.

Sorry not a wise move :Oops:.

From what I read on some sites it was recommended but now I am finding others telling you to avoid it. Well pointed out mac57.

Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I believe there's an AppleScript to do this :)

You can hold the mute button on the keyboard on bootup, too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.