Just bought an iBook G4...

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an iBook G4 14'' 1.33 Ghz, 1.24 GB RAM, and a 60GB HD. I bought it for $375. This is my first Mac, and I just bought it to test out the switch. Where can I get accessories for my Mac ? Where should I go from here? Sound like a good machine?

Reaction score
I have the similar, 1.2ghz and I love it. iBooks are very light, small and cool looking! If I get sick of looking at the 12 inch screen, I simply hook it up to my 19 inch LCD and an Apple Keyboard and (bluetooth) Mighty Mouse and boom! I now have a desktop Mac! Whenever I get my accessories, their always on eBay. You can get a lot more for your money or simply a better price. For instance, I bought a $2.99 USB bluetooth adapter and a $50 Wireless Mighty Mouse that was brand new, and was still under the price direct from Apple!
So, I would most certainly check out eBay and other online vendors such as MacConnection. Hope this all helps!

Reaction score
Oh, just read more carefully and noticed you have the 14 inch, I have no experience with this screen.
Another thing, I would look into putting Leopard on it. With that much RAM and a larger HD, I think it would be your best bet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I own the last 12" iBook model with the 1.33Ghz G4 and 1GB RAM. I have 10.5.3 Leopard on it and it works quite well.

OP
N
Reaction score
It actually has Leopard on it already from the previous owner. So, it seems as though Im already ahead of the game. I was worried it wouldn't be fast enough to run Leopard, but from what you guys are saying it seems that it should be fine?

Im pretty excited! I will let you guys know how it turns out once it is in my possession.

More opinions!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.