PowerBook will not boot up?

Reaction score
I have a Powerbook G4 17" 1ghz, I upgraded to the 1.6ghz about 7 months ago. I Wiped the hard drive on the 1ghz and re-installed the OS 10.4. Everything worked fine on the laptop when I put it back into its original packaging 7 months ago and put it in the closet while advertising it for sale. When some contacted me about the laptop about a month ago I pulled it out of the closet and put it on charge to have a full battery when I met with the buyer. After letting it charge for a night I tried to boot the laptop to again make sure everything was fine. The laptop fan came on and sounded like it was running at full speed then it shut off. This took approximately 1-1.5 seconds. The screen did not flash on, there was no other sound other than the fan. I have tried holding down the PRAM reset keys, I have tried removing the battery and booting the laptop with out it. I have tried booting with it plugged in and unplugged. I have removed the memory and replaced the memory. Of course what really has me baffled, other than the fact that it will not start up, is that it worked perfectly fine before I put it into the closet.

Thank you in advanced for any and all help

Storm

Reaction score
having the same issue with my PB 12" on 10.4..its experienced the sleep issue before and this has usually been fixed by reset p/ram and then using open firmware to reset the nv-ram. Problem is my book no longer seems to reconize either the display or keyboard. It boots fine, but you would never know because the keyboard nor display work. Unless your hooked to externals, you have no way of knowing this.

I am going to try to get a apple usb keyboard later today and reset the nv-ram using an external display. I will try to post back if this works. Didnt mention, but have you tried hooking your up to an external display ?

OP
S
Reaction score
No i have not tried attaching to another display, is this possible without being able to change specs in control panel? will give it a shot either way.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.