• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

your favorite pixar movie

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
thought this might be fun, and in anticipation of the upcoming wall-e movie...

feel free to discuss as much as you want and to include the short films too (though i'll include only the features on the poll).

i have to pick ratatouille.
it is a tough choice, with cars as close a second as you can get (without sticking your tounge out ;)).

ratatouille just engages me on a different level, it is beautifully rendered, the music is very nice, it puts you in paris... as a rat. it's a very well told story (if a bit redundant - the young upstart not fitting in and looking for more in life). the only thing i wish they would have done is use all french actors. while i like patton oswalt quite a bit, the american voices for the rats (and for linguini) don't make much sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I loved a Bugs life - but maybe also because of the beautifully done PS1 game that went with it...

Toy Story 1 would probably be my second pick: That was the "aha" moment for me regarding computer animation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I loved a Bugs life - but maybe also because of the beautifully done PS1 game that went with it...

Toy Story 1 would probably be my second pick: That was the "aha" moment for me regarding computer animation.

I agree.. It's a toss-up for me on both of those films. I've never played A Bug's Life PS1 game though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Toy story!!!!!! They had Randy Newman play at one of jobs keynotes The guy who did the music for toy story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I'm really anxious for Wall-e.

He looks like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

And my favorite Pixar film has to be the original Toy Story, as much as I despise 3D animation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I choose Monsters Inc. The combo of Sully and Mike Wazowski is untouched by any Pixar movie in terms of laughter.
My favorite animated Disney movie of all time though by far is still the Emperor's New Groove. Come on, you can't go wrong with David Spade as a lama. No touchie!
I have yet to see Cars. The story didn't intrigue me. I couldn't finish Ratatouille. It was all graphics with no entertaining story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
:Smirk: Incredibles, just loved the whole idea, and the art style.

Pixar is great like that, not cheesy, always original and interesting, and it all fits together. Too bad Pixar is associated with Disney :Angry-Tongue:

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, disney bough them, no? was that pre-incredibles or pre-nemo?

i cringed when i heard that too, but it seems as though disney has not rubbed off on them in a bad way. to the contrary, i almost prefer the last few movies over the first bunch. oddly enough, looking at the list again - which is in release order, i pretty much, with maybe one exception, like them more and more with each new release.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i love cars and its soundtrack. #1 for me

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Toy story for sure, it was a big part of my childhood, I'll never forget Toy Story :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was split between Cars, Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles, but I had to with Monsters FTW. Pretty much for the same reason Bry mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
It's difficult to pick just one, but I think Finding Nemo was the most complete film of the bunch. It had plenty of fun humour and also worked very well as a coherent story that could resonate with all kinds of audiences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
luxo jr. the one that started it ll and influenced there title screen.

i do like all the pixar movies and plan on seeing wall-e shortly after it opens. as far as one of my favorite full length movies i would have to say cars for all the back round work they did pulling car themes into the mountains, skys and landscapes

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'll have to admit, finding nemo did actually make me cry - likley due to being a new dad when i first saw it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
well, disney bough them, no? was that pre-incredibles or pre-nemo?

i cringed when i heard that too, but it seems as though disney has not rubbed off on them in a bad way. to the contrary, i almost prefer the last few movies over the first bunch. oddly enough, looking at the list again - which is in release order, i pretty much, with maybe one exception, like them more and more with each new release.

I think Disney bought them around '99

But you're right Disney has very little effect on them, mainly because its a small-medium team, and Disney is more of a distributor and executive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Cars, waiting to see Wall-E though. Previews look pretty good.

Reaction score
you people obviously never appreciate real disney movies with real themes in them, thinks like beauty and the beast and song of the south are the greatest movies ever, watch them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
you people obviously never appreciate real disney movies with real themes in them, thinks like beauty and the beast and song of the south are the greatest movies ever, watch them.

So true. But, most these days have never heard of them. It was nice growing up in the 60's Sunday night was Disney night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.