Boot camp Issue

Reaction score
I have an iMac(just a 20 inch screen, I'm not very computer literate but I've been told it is intel). I have boot camp installed. As I have already created a partition(60G) I open boot camp and it says

"1. Create or remove a windows partition
2. Start the windows installer."

I choose the second one.

I then insert my Window Vista Home Premium disc(which does say "For distribution only with PC") and click start installation once the computer detects the disk.

A grey screen appears, then it turns into a black screen with a small flashing white line in the top left corner, and nothing happens.

Does anyone know how I can solve this, and how I can subsequently run windows(in all honesty I just want to play a game on it :p)

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I have an iMac(just a 20 inch screen, I'm not very computer literate but I've been told it is intel). I have boot camp installed. As I have already created a partition(60G) I open boot camp and it says

"1. Create or remove a windows partition
2. Start the windows installer."

I choose the second one.

I then insert my Window Vista Home Premium disc(which does say "For distribution only with PC") and click start installation once the computer detects the disk.

A grey screen appears, then it turns into a black screen with a small flashing white line in the top left corner, and nothing happens.

Does anyone know how I can solve this, and how I can subsequently run windows(in all honesty I just want to play a game on it :p)

Thanks for any help.

Are you using an OEM Vista disc? What computer did it originally come with?

OP
Reaction score
Are you using an OEM Vista disc? What computer did it originally come with?

Yes, OEM. The computer came with Mac OS 10.5 Leopard.

Misread: It came with a PC I'd bought for an office.

Reaction score
AFAIK you can't use an OEM version which has already been installed on another PC.
You can use an OEM version if it is new and hasn't been installed on anything previously.
Having said that, I suppose you could try the Windows phone activation but it wouldn't strictly be honest.

Please feel free to tell me I'm talking rubbish someone.

N

OP
Reaction score
Well it doesn't seem to recognize the fact the disk is in, it just brings in a black screen, which is really odd? I've waited and it just doesn't disappear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.