• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What was i banned?

A

allen

Why was i banned?? - nick SIVP ?????

i dont think i did anything wrong, just one day it stopped working.

Any moderators or administrators please talk to me. :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Hmm.Thats rather strange...I'll see if I can get in contact with a mod...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Probably just a user name collision As you can see in your post, you are labeled member

OP
A

allen

what????

i had it working before, abot 40 posts already, then suddenly it stopped working..

and what does member have to do anything. i created this accoung cause i couldn't even talk to an administrator / moderator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If you were banned the new account would most likely not have worked

OP
A

allen

ohh i see, so it's like an ip ban, wel.. then some kind of problem i need an administrator to look at then i guess.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
allen pm one of the mods.

Fluid
Graphite
MacAddikt
Murlyn
trpnmonkey41

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Ive never dealt with vbulletin software before, but I know that in IPB 2, it tracks your ip, not just username, so if vbulletin is the same, you were most likely not banned.
:biohazard OFFTOPIC :biohazard
@ applejustworks: what font is that in your signature, looks familiar, just cant remember the name.
Aquasigniture.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
username SIVP is not banned. youre using the same IP address for this username as you did for SIVP, which also is not banned.

Let me, or one of the mods, know which username you would like to continue using, and we'll remove the other.

OP
A

allen

i would like to use SIVP instead of this one (allen) cause i already have about 40 or so posts on SIVP ;)

OP
A

allen

heres the error message i get when i want to post, or pm someone...

sivp, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I know I activated it cause i posted a good 40 posts and was able to login several times before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
its says you havent gotten your registration email, and i dont have the power to change that status. ill check further into this and let you know what i find out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I've changed your status back to a normal registered user. Let us know if you still can't log in.

OP
S

sivp

Well looks like it's working again, thanks :)

I'm just curious, what was my status before you changed it back to a registered user?? Was it something I did or just some kind of conflict?

OP
D

Desolate One

sivp said:
Well looks like it's working again, thanks :)

I'm just curious, what was my status before you changed it back to a registered user?? Was it something I did or just some kind of conflict?

MacAddikt said:
its says you havent gotten your registration email, and i dont have the power to change that status. ill check further into this and let you know what i find out.

This should do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.