Lost HD Space Because Of Parallels?

Reaction score
I had downloaded some videos, but they were .rmbv extension, only playable in Real Player. I wanted to burn these videos to a DivX DVD, obviously not possible in the current format. I looked a little bit for a converter for Mac, but all I could find was one for PC, which since I occasionally run Parallels, I figured would work fine.
But converting the files made them larger files, thus taking up a huge chunk of my hard drive. I still had about 9 GB left. So I was going to start burning some of them to DVD and then delete them so I could convert the rest. However, in the process of trying to move them from where they were saved in Parallels, to a folder more easily accessible for Toast. So I cut and pasted from my Parallels folder to my Mac folder. I made sure I cut and didn't copy.
However, all that did was take up more space on my Mac. As of right now I have 23 GB on my HD (after deleting all the converted files, plus some of the originals which I need to redownload now). I also ended up deleting other files just to make space (nothing overly important).
Before this entire process, I had close to 30 GB remaining. When Parallels is mounted, it tells me that Parallels has 28 GB remaining (when viewed in Finder), but my Mac HD only has 23 GB remaining. Obviously some of my memory has been lost somewhere along the way.
Anybody know what I can do to find it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.