Not sure what upgrades to pick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pre-purchased MBP, 30 GB Video Ipod
Hello, I currently have a dell computer, which i hate, so im looking into the macbook pro's. im not really familiar with them at all so i had a few questions.

first of all, how portable are the 15 inch computer, small enough to fit into a backpack well? i have a 17in laptop now and its a tank.

Next, im trying to decide on what options to take, i know you can never really have too much ram so i was looking at 4gb of that with the 7200rpm hard drive. however, how much difference is there between the 2.4-2.5 and 2.6 ghz processors, is the 2.6 worth all the extra money?

im just going to be doing basic tasks, AIM, Surfing the internet, Typing papers, and playing some games, i do have a 360 and ps3 so not a real heavy amount, just some games at work. i want this to last a while so is it worth getting the best of the best and spending over 3 grand on the top of the line 15 in macbook pro? or what would be a good configuration for me.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Regarding the specs, first and foremost DO NOT buy ram from apple. Just dont, everyone knows they rip you off. 3rd party ram is suffice from like crucial.com. I think for your needs also the 2.5GHZ is suffice enough, from what i have heard there isnt much of a difference between the 2.5 and the 2.6. Not a noticeable one anyway. Regarding your hard drive. Again its up to you with the 7200RPM obviously your computer will run a little quicker but i think 5400 is enough too be honest.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pre-purchased MBP, 30 GB Video Ipod
Alright thanks a lot, ill definitely look into the other ram...that doesnt void a apple care protection plan or anything does it? and how do you go about putting that in, is it fairly easy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.