mighty mouse right click question

Reaction score
on the right click for the mouse are you suppose to click all the way on the right of it where you finger is pretty much on the edge and touching the side of the mouse? or is it suppose to be easier than that and if you just click to the right of the scroll wheel it will right click?

because everytime i try to right click i have to keep clicking and moving my finger more right...this kinda frustrates me...is this just how it suppose to be or is there something wrong with my mighty mouse?

OP
M
Reaction score
the point of setting my right click was so i dont have to do control click anymore...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
its just to the right side of the scroll. Make sure it's set up right. i had no problem with it when i set mine up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Lift up your left finger when you right click and it should work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook l Ipod nano 4gb l ipod classic 80 gb
preferences>keyboard and mouse>mouse tab

To the right side of it there is a pulldown menu, put that to secondary click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Lift up your left finger when you right click and it should work fine.
This was my experience as well. That part worked fine, I tossed the thing when the ball stopped working regularly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yeah, you have to lift your left finger to right click. Awkward at first, but soon you don't notice it. Although if it bothers you just get a cheap optical mouse and it'll all be done with...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
This was my experience as well. That part worked fine, I tossed the thing when the ball stopped working regularly.

shame you tossed it out... often the ball just needs cleaning out. next time it happens (if you have another one) turn the mouse upside down and give it a hard rub on your hand, or on another hard surface. this just gets all the dirt out of it and usually works.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Left Finger has to be lifted a bit for a Right Click to register as others have said. Came naturally for me as I always seem to lift my left finger anyway.

OP
M
Reaction score
k i got it now. how does it know that your finger is still on the left part of the mouse tho? is it that sensitive?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It uses Touch Sensitive technology. That is how the MM works. Senses your finger above the capacitive sensor. So if both fingers are there it thinks your on the Left side.

Best way I can word it at this moment anyway! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.33ghz C2D 4gb Ram
it should look somewhat like this:

2559504467_292ef3d854_o.png

use a primary and secondary button.

TWM

Reaction score
what i did to fix my mighty mouse was as follows.
1. disconnect it from my imac.
2. Through it in the trash can.
3. go to best buy and buy a different mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.