Wifi Drops out [MBP]

Reaction score
I have a wireless access point attatched to my router and I have never had any problems with it.

Recently I have noticed that pages wont load and when i check the icon at the top the connection only gives me one notch. I then turn the wifi off and back on and its full again... this happens over and over with about 5 mins intervals.

My girlfriend is also using the same access point with her macbook and she has no problems at all.

Any Idea's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.8 w/ 8800GT / Black MacBook 2.16 C2D
First, DL iStumbler
Second, try changing the channel the router is broadcasting on.

The Apple discussion boards are filled with similar problems, and the reasons are all across the board. Some failed Logic boards, some failed airport cards, some simple interference issues, some quirky routers...

If you continue to have problems, call Apple Tech Support.

OP
I
Reaction score
how can I find the IP address of my access point so I can log into it? I know my routers, but not the AP. I need some sort of network scanner for mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have you installed the latest OS X updates?

OP
I
Reaction score
yes im updated. im downloading Nmap to scan my network to find my access point address now.

Are there any other good network scanners made for mac OSX?

Reaction score
My linksys router use to just randomly drop my Macs. I would sometimes take minutes or hours to get them to reconnect. I ended up just getting an apple router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I have been having this problem. my channel is set to 11. If i change it my imac doesnt/ cant find the connection. If I change it back, it re-appears. How can I fix this? I have a feeling chaning the channel might fix my problem, I have done a can and found that a newly added router near my house is on th same channel.

OP
I
Reaction score
I have used iStumblet and the only other access point in range is using chanel 1.

I have logged into my AP and changed the channel to a few dfferent ones and my connection is still droping in and out, but it is slightly better on this new channel as it dosent drop out quite as frequently.

I have no idea what to do, my girlfriends macbook seems to work just fine but my macbook pro seems fine when i was at her house earlier using her wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
Same problem here. MB works fine, MBP drops out, but only in 1 specific place in whole hme, I's either full on no signal ...
I've given up on solving this, though ...

OP
I
Reaction score
im still having the same problem, I have tried putting the access point on different channels but every now and again my signal drops out and back in.

I have tried my macbook pro at my girlfriend's house and there is no problems. my girlfriend's macbook also works fine on my network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.