MacBook getting repaired... again!

Reaction score
Hi,

My macbook will be back to the shop on Monday because again it is broken!

Firstly, the cd drive is very stiff and now a cd is jammed inside. This is the either the third or fourth time this has happened and its really getting on my nerves.

Secondly, on the corners of the casing that surrounds the keyboard, the plastic is chipping off. Again, this is the third case I have had.

I have never dropped my mac and have never even closed the lid forcefully.

What should I do? My warranty is coming to an end and I don't want to keep taking my macbook back to the shops every few months?

Also, just another quick thing. I had parallels desktop with windows xp but it made my mac run very slowly so I removed it. I now have upgraded the ram but my mum chucked the Windows xp cd case with the password thing in the bin. I still have the xp cd though just not the passcode. What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Tj

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Put your foot down about it. Express to them that this is an ongoing problem and another temporary repair will not suffice! If that doesn't work, buy AppleCare for it before the warranty runs out!

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks,

The only problem is that ive heard the new macbooks are coming out Q3 of this year. If they replace it will it be replaced for the same macbook as mine, or a newer one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.4, 2GB DDR,160gb HDD,8600m GT 256
what are you doing with a computer? throing it and dancing on it?

Reaction score
what are you doing with a computer? throing it and dancing on it?

Lol, Man he stated he had not harmed it in anyway.

Back too the question, yes i think there are going to be some new macbooks released in late July i think, regarding you swapping yours im unsure whether they would swap, but i would also express to them my feelings on the situation tell them that you thought apple products are elegant and long lasting. Basically just chat garbage to them and tell them your not impressed at all. Should do the trick in either getting a replacement macbook or your money back

OP
T
Reaction score
Nah lol, I literally just use it for school work. When I'm not using it in class it is normally locked in my desk in my dorm. The only other uses I really have for it outside class are preps, msn messenger, email and itunes.

Just before i got my macbook a friend of mine's screen cracked when the plug for it was in his bag, so I've always been pretty paranoid about stuff like that. When its in my bag its always in a case and in the middle between books, and when im using it its always on a flat, hard surface.

:)

Reaction score
I had an exprience just last month where I sent in it twice becuase my macbook pro kept restarting whenever I first turned it on. Sent it in twice the problem persisted I was going to send it in a third time but they offered to give me a penryn MBP, mine was a the one before the penryn. it gets here monday.

I did it all through the phone, I didn't take it to an apple store.

You sould tell them what everyone above said, but if you want the new one live with it till the new ones are avaliable, that is if yours will last that long.

OP
T
Reaction score
My warranty ends in July so I don't think I can hold on long enough :) . I got my mac through CANCOM which are located about 15 mins down the road from me.

Do you think it will be the same or as they are not an Apple Store, will it be different?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
This may help you

I found this on Google after having a really bad experience at the Apple store I decided I wanted to contact someone other than customer service.You pay top dollar for a product you expect more than this from Apple.

1) Call Apple Corporate: 408-996-1010
2) Ask the operator for Gene (like denim) Teluse, VP of Customer Care. She is Apple's highest ranking customer service agent, and she reports directly to Steve Jobs.
3) Leave a nice message, include any Apple Case/Repair numbers you might have, or your machine's serial number, and a callback number.
4) Wait ~24 business hours for one of Ms. Teluse's minions to call.
5) Calmly explain your story, and what you want Apple to do.

Reaction score
Uhm maybe try and find the number for one in the uk.. There will be someone big in charge of customer services who you can speak too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Google Apple executives you may have to do some searching but you will find someones contact info. The fact is calling customer service will only do so much.You have to go higher up.I'm sure there is someone in charge of U.K. public relations or customer care.

OP
T
Reaction score
I've been googling for a while now, can't find anything.

I thing I'm going to take it to Cancom on Monday and if they are not going to replace the whole notebook and just do their temporary fix again, I'll call the Apple Store and see what they say.

Is this a good idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I understand your frustration. I went through quite a bit of heck with my MacBook.

I recommend laying down the demand of having the notebook replaced, but be nice.

Reaction score
I would consider this to be the Lemon Law equivalent. It's time to get that sucker replaced!

OP
T
Reaction score
Cheers guys for all you responses.

Its going to go back to the shop and hopefully get replaced on Monday.

Will they make me give them my Macbook when they give me the replacement? Its just that I'd like to to transfer some of my folders over to the new one and it would be alot easier if I had both laptops at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they will probably swap out the harddrives.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive just got back home to find my new macbook! In the end we went straight to Apple and they were great. I wasn't expecting to get it till the middle of next week at the earliest so I'm very chuffed!

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, they have really helped.

Thanks again guys,

Tj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.