Canon printer problems.

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this?
Canon Pixma ip4000...Powerbook G4 12"... It will print black text but has stopped printing black in photos. Blacks come out as dirty blue. Everything looks "solarized". This is a new problem - its been working fine to date. I have replaced the ink cartridges with Canon inks and the test chart utility seems to come out ok.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
are you using the latest drivers? looks like they updated them on 4/18/08

found it here.

Reaction score
I THINK I need to download the newest drivers as well for my pixma mp610 (great multifunction printer btw). It's working ok as is on my new iMac, but I also need to set it up on our networked MB. When I go to the Canon support site, they have a couple of drivers, one is a CUPS, whatever that is and one is just another one, lol. Hope that made sense.

I really like the site you show for Canon drivers however it doesn't show any for my printer which is weird. Maybe it updates a bit later or something.

Anyway, fortunately the Apple Tech that networked all this stuff on Friday is still up and is trying to help me.

Late here in SoCal, so off to probably dream about my Lakers blowing it tonight. With a bit of help from the refs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.