A photoshop question

Reaction score
HELLO!

So, i'll get to the point:
I have a picture.
I need the colors of the eyes isolated for a little thingy i'm working on. :)
The rest of the picture I would like black and white.

Can I do this in photoshop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yes you can make everything except the eyes grayscale in photoshop, you can increase the saturation and intensity of the eye color too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yes, you can most def do this!

What you need to do is hit the "Q" key to go into "Quick Mask" mode, where you can paint the eye with the brush tool. Then hit the "Q" key again to exit Quick Mask mode. Then hit cmd+****+I to invert the selection.

Next go to the Layer menu in the menu bar and select "New Adjustment Layer," followed by "Hue/Saturation..."

The settings should be set to Normal and then click OK.

This will bring a small window up. You want to drag the saturation slider all the way to the left to -100. Click OK again.

This will desaturate the entire pictue except for the eyes that you've brushed when in Quick Mask. They will stay the original color.

On the flip-side. You can desaturate the picture as I just described, and once you've done that, you can change the color using the Color Replacement tool while the eyes are still selected, or you can do this before you desaturate the rest of the image.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.