Really Good Case for iPhone?

Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members,

I'm tom and just recently joined Mac-Forums. I'm buying an iPhone when they are out in Australia (3G in a couple of days!) and the first thing I want to do after opening it is protect my phone with a case. I don't like silicon very much because I have had alot of experience with it on iPods and they stretch and split so I don't want to have to go down that road but I will if I have to. I am though interested in a case that is protective but still shows off its beauty. Example: a clear case. They are cool but I want a case that is not too chuncky and hasn't got any bits hanging off it or little holes and latches. Of course it needs some holes for the connector and ear-piece etc, but I want them to be limited. I am aware that some members have iPhones so I ask you "what would you recommend in my case?".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Tom

welcome to the forum.I have gone through several cases I find that the clear cases are nice but they get a lot of dirt underneath them, I have switched back over to silicone. If the new iPhones are different size or shape then you may have to wait for cases to be made for them. I think all cases suck but I don't want to crack my LCD either. So I guess I'm going to keep trying new cases until I find the right one. Ebay is a god place to buy them cheap. I bought my last case for 1.50 on ebay here is the link.

Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/SILICONE-CASE-C...ryZ20336QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reaction score
Many of my friends have cases for their iPods made by agent18. They are pretty high quality, and all my friends love them. I'm assuming their iPhone cases are also exceptional.

http://www.agent18.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Another vote for Incase products. However, like bargsbeer said, you will have to wait for cases to be released for the new 3G iPhone if the design is different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Both of these companies make great products,But $29.99 for a silicone case,That can be bought on eBay for a $5.00 or less. That is an insane amount of money. That is highway robbery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
two thumbs down for silicone. I feel like it does not protect the iPhone and can make the iPhone sweaty for lack of a word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was using clear plastic but found that it allowed too much dirt to get underneath it. I switched back to silicone it sucks but what are you gonna do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but really look at the one I suggested I found it really nice. It Makes me more comfortable carrying my iPhone around, And Im totally a nut job about keeping that thing perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does it keep dirt out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah relatively well, I have not had a problem with dirt. Also the removable bottom is great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does it come in other colors? does the bottom snap on? so it does not fall off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It slides on and off its pretty neat. Yeah i think white, gray, and black i got white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Many of my friends have cases for their iPods made by agent18. They are pretty high quality, and all my friends love them. I'm assuming their iPhone cases are also exceptional.

http://www.agent18.com/

The Agent18 eco shield is BAD (as in not good, rather than cool).

The Eco Shield by Agent 18 has scratched my phone. I'm not the only one. If you look at product reviews for this product on the Apple UK site you will see similar comments.

There are forum posts and flickr images regarding the damage that comes from this case - stay away from this one. I wish I'd never bought the case now as my phone may possibly look better had I not used it!

With the exception of the damage caused by the shield - the current iPhone seems pretty good at resisting scratches. I've been using it without a case for about 2 weeks now and there are no new scratches on the phone. If you check out flickr for iPhones you will see that the only bit that seems fairly easy to mark is the chrome bezel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Eric and Dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I like the Artwizz Seejacket (link to a review on my blog):

Artwizz%20Review-11.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that was my second choice. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I actually got it through a friend who works for an Apple retailer where I also used to work. Artwizz are from Germany and a company rep paid them a visit and handed out a few samples.

Since my friend doesn't have an iPhone, he let me have it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well lucky you! Man it pays to know people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.