Hard Shutdown

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
This afternoon I was repairing my disk permissions in disk utility and everything was o.k, then I decided to verify my disk and every thing was o.k with that too. But after it said that everything was o.k on my hard drive I accidentally clicked "verify disk" again and then clicked "cancel" and every thing froze and I got the rainbow spinning wheel that I get when firefox freezes, so I did an hard shutdown by holding the power button for about 7 seconds, and when I restarted my macbook and did another "verify disk" to see if I screwed anything up by doing a hard shutdown and it said that the hard drive was o.k but I was wondering if I damaged anything else on my macbook by doing a hard shutdown or am I just paranoid? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Run Apple Hardware Test and see if everything checks out. Take it you had no problem on reboot which is a great sign? The startup process would run a check on everything. In the 'olden days' of OS 7,8 and 9 after a hard shut down on reboot, a window would open advise doing a system check.

That still happens without the window is OS X.

OP
tkdkickboxer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
Run Apple Hardware Test and see if everything checks out. Take it you had no problem on reboot which is a great sign? The startup process would run a check on everything. In the 'olden days' of OS 7,8 and 9 after a hard shut down on reboot, a window would open advise doing a system check.

That still happens without the window is OS X.

I did a hardware check and everything is O.K, so nothing is wrong with my macbook!!!:D Thanks for the advice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.