Screenshot Stopped Working

Reaction score
I installed a demo of Snapz Pro and after deciding that I didnt like it so much, deleted the app. Now my Apple - Shift -3 Screengrab shortcut wont work. It doesnt make the noise and it doesnt take pictures. Nada.

Anyone any ideas how to switch it back on again?

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Right. I've had a go and installed it and uninstalled it.

I'm guessing (just guessing here) what you've got is either a bit of that application, or something it's change that wasn't changed back when you deleted it because it has an uninstallation process of some description.

What I suggest you do is download and install the application again, then go to Applications> Snapz Pro and use the uninstaller to remove it, hopefully solving the issue. Worst that can happen is you will be back where you started.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
What I suggest you do is download and install the application again, then go to Applications> Snapz Pro and use the uninstaller to remove it, hopefully solving the issue.

Also, use Spotlight or EasyFind to locate every reference to Snapz. I went through a similar process of removing Snapz, but I see I've still got some bits & pieces there, including SysPref -> Accounts -> Login Items, so I'll be interested in other posts about getting rid of Snapz completely.

A second option is to use an Application cleaner like CleanApp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.