HELP!! NEW MacBook Pro 2.5 Ghz rejects my installation Ableton cd??

Reaction score
Hi,

Pls can anybody help me :( ... anytime i insert my original Ableton Live 6 installation cd in my new MacBook Pro 2.5 Ghz (i purchase it 1 month ago) my laptop eject the cd?? i try other cd and it was working, but later i realize, that if the cd/dvd on the writhing side has different color than silver it wont recognize and eject it automatically.My friend has MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz and his laptop its 10 months old, we insert the same cd and it works perfectly? :eek: ... so i google little bit about my problem i somewhere i read that new MacBooks wont recognize any colored cd/dvd(meaning if the cd/dvd is black, purple or any other color than silver!! it will not recognize it?!? Is these right or not... So my question is: is it hardware problem with my MacBook, software problem or settings problem...im new on Mac... Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
wow i have never heard of that before. M-F nor Google come up with any results. Strange. I'll keep looking through google.

**EDIT**

I found ONE thing that is a worthy answer. Something mentioned about "Burning Speed". I don't know much about this, so someone want to help me out? Maybe someone who has more experience than me? ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
I just read some forums about these problem and i realize that many ppl have the same problem and all of them they start having these problem after they update Mac OS X to Version 10.5.3?! So these is quite new problem. I hope Apple will come with some new update witch will fix these problem... My Disc Burning Hardware is:
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-867:

Firmware Revision: HA13
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO

...any solution pls let me know...

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.