Netcut Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 15.4 inch, 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 120GB Hard Disk, 128MB VGA Card.
i think there's someone in my network usin' a netcut programe to cut the internet connection, and i really can't log to any website or open the MSN, the network diagnostics tells me that everything is alright and i'm connected to the internet, but i still can't open any websites .. please help me .. there's somethin' called anti netcut but it's only for Pc's ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
is your network encrypted? if so, which encryption type?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 15.4 inch, 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 120GB Hard Disk, 128MB VGA Card.
no there's no encryption .. it's a LAN normal network ..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
is there a reason why it isnt encrypted?

Because if there isn't, then you need to set the encryption to WPA, and if possible, WPA2. That way, in order for someone to join you network, they have to enter a password to access it. you can set your router's encryption key by typing in the IP address of the router in the "Go To Address" bar. Once you type in the IP address, hit "Enter". it should come up with a page where it has things like what router is in use, etc. But look for a link that says "Security" or "Encryption" or "Set Network Encryption" anything along those lines. Belkin's (my router) has a link called "Security" and it has drop-down menus letting me choose what type of encryption. Go for WPA or WPA2. You can set the passkey as a phrase or hex.

And don't worry, if you feed off the wireless signal from your router on the computer you use, Apple will remember the password if you check the box that says "Remember this Network". After that, it should be cool ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
LAN as in hardwired to the router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.