Would 256mb

W

wiSezo

Would a 256mb ram PC133 work on a iBook G3? I was thinking of buying one off of Amazon.com and I figured that I don't know much about apple or these ram thing so I look for you're guys support.

If you know any other places that sells atleast 256mb of ram for a G3 ibook post please =]

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iBook G3's used PC100 ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It doesn't actually matter if it is PC100 or PC133 Ram, the highest supported speed will automatically be used...

You probably won't be able to find PC100 RAM anymore nowadays...

I would use Crucial.com to help select the correct ram for your system and then check it against the specs on amazon...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
I just bought a stick of 512 from Crucial for my 12" iBook and I love the improvement I've seen.

OP
C

code777

i am satisfied with a total of 512 but someone I know has 768 and both machines run the same but he likes to "multi-task" and I can see less beach balls on his when having a lot of programs up - when he loads garageband its a little bit faster than mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
OP
L

lostreality

PC133 will run at 100, basically what that number means is what it will run 'up-to' its a different matter if the motherboard will be stable using it - but with macs, you shouldnt really have to worry about that!

General consensus is that PC133 will be cheaper as its not really as old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.