"...system is incompatible"

F

f0134700529

i'm running osx 10.2 on a 17" powerbook. lately when i try to open some programs, a message pops up saying:

"the application can not be launch because the system is incompatible".

when i right click, and open the file with a previous version it works. for example, if i have a JPG on my desktop, and i try to open it, the warning comes up. if i right click that same file and open with Preview v2.0.1, it will open, but not with v2.1.1. The same thing happens w/ my StuffIt and when i open .dmg files.
this is my first mac, i'm pretty newb at most things, but i'm really trying. i can't figure out what the H i did wrong, but if someone is familiar w/ the problem, please help me out!

thanks,
adam :bandage:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
try. repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.