Help please. My PowerBook screen problem

Reaction score
I was working on my powerbook 12'' CPU 1.5, RAM 1.25, Nvidia Go5200 64MB, when the screen splitted in two and the lower part of the screen is not accessible to me. I have resetted the PMU and the NVRAM but the screen is still bad. I also reinstalled the OS. As it starting doing this on leopard 10.5.3 I just reverted to Tiger but still wrong:'( :'(
I add some photos.

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16|4GB Ram|120GB HDD//iPhone 8GB Hack3d//
have you got any apple store near you?, thats the only thing thats comes to my mind : (

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks

Thank you for your reply. I am living in China and I have no apple store nearby. So I was asking if there is anything I can do myself to fix it. I don't have applecare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The LCD went bad, you'll have to buy a new one. I had that happen to me; it's the only fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17", 2.6Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 512M 8600m GT
Thank you for your reply. I am living in China and I have no apple store nearby. So I was asking if there is anything I can do myself to fix it. I don't have applecare.

Don't they make the Macs in China anyways? You are in the Apple capital where all ipod's and macs come from. :\ Anyways, if you know how to work on a laptop id check to see that the lcd ribbon is fully seated, if it is, i think its time for a new lcd off ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.