• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Insight for Apple Advertising Research Paper!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
Hey guys, I'm doing a research paper for my English Language class, and the topic is targeted advertising. In addition to traditional forms of research (interviews, etc.) I've decided to open up the topic to a wider group of people through use of the forums.

So my question to you is merely, "What draws you in?"

What is it about Apple that makes you want to buy? The simplicity? The Look? The cool factor that is becoming an increasing cultural trend? Do you feel Apple addresses your "wow factor" in it's advertising? And if so, to what extent? Can you name any examples?

For the sake of condensing the paper my focus is on Macs, as opposed to iPods. By posting you acknowledge that I reserve the right to quote you in my paper. I would appreciate having a full name and state of residence (or country if outside the US) for citation purposes, and you can PM me this information if you feel uncomfortable posting it here for all to see.

Thank you! Your contributions are welcome :)
-Craig Scott

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.