Problems with word - help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Hi,

I'm having a problem using Windows Word for Mac - no problems at my end but when I send the file to other people, say lecturers when I have an essay due, or sending said essay for friends to proof read over MSN/Adium, everyone is complaining that they can't open the file properly and all they get is "a mess of icons and squares, etc"...

Thankfully, my lecturer's have been understanding with this because I didn't realise there was a problem and so was given an extension whilst I printed off hard copies and submitted them instead, but obviously this is not a long term solution and so obviously, I need to fix this.

What am I doing wrong? Typically I just type the file and save it to desktop, I've tried dropping the x from .docx to create .doc, but to no avail :(

I'd really appreciate any help here guys.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.