.Mac web page and iWeb

Reaction score
I am going to try to ask this question without sounding like a complete idiot! I have a .Mac account. I also use iWeb to post pictures on line. I am trying to understand how these two programs can work together, or if they can't, which one is better to use for a website. I have a website now that I am not happy with. www.amomentintime2.com in case anyone cares.

I feel like I could probably make my own website with .Mac, but I can't figure out how to do it, and don't want to have websites all over the internet - my current one, my iweb ones, and now my .mac one.

Is iWeb for people who don't have a .Mac account, or do they work together somehow. Does anyone know what I am even asking. I know it sounds confusing, hopefully someone can make sense of it and help me. Thanks!

One more question - is it possible to have a website with .Mac with photos on it without uploading all the photos to my iDisk? That takes forever. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
iWeb is supposed to be used for .Mac, to my knowledge. I do know that you post PodCasts onto your .Mac or something like that. Nice website, btw, but the only thing I found really tedious is the little blue numbers to click at the bottom to navigate through the pictures. Some large, slightly white opaque arrows on the sides would have been nice. Good site, though overall.

honestly, i dont know about the last question.

I'm not sure if i helped out much, the only question I really knew was the iWeb>>.Mac

I'm pretty sure you use both for each other. Because every time I open iWeb, it asks me if I have a .Mac account, and if so, sign in. And because of that I'm assuming they're used together.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments on my website. I fixed the arrow/numbers click problem. There is now an arrow at the top of the page so it's easier to navigate through the images!

I read a tutorial on html last night and changed a lot of my website that I didn't know how to change before! I didn't figure out much with iWeb or .Mac, but I did start using web gallery in iPhoto, and really like it.

So thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Cool! Hope it keeps working out for you ;)

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not in front of my mac at the moment (Posting from my office PC ::shudder::) so I will be doing this from memory.

When I log into Iweb I put my .mac login and password in.

At that point, I can create my website. Add pages, put pictures in, all that fun stuff.

Once I am all done, on the bottom left hand side of the page, there is a post to web button. Once I click that, it starts to upload all of my stuff to .mac. Most of the uploading happens in the background and will bounce on the task bar when it's done. At that point, I can click on visit website and look at what I created.

I find it is a lot easier to create website using iweb than the .mac web stuff.

Let me know if it works!

PS. My favorite picture is the one with the woman on the train tracks and the Douglas sign.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.