Looking for help with using my VX10000 (Voyager) cell phone as a modem

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a question... I know there is a way to do this does any one have any idea how I can make it happen.

I have a CMDA (Verizon Wireless) VX10000 Voyager cell phone (with data cable) and I would like to know what I have to do to allow my Macbook Pro to use it as a modem.

I have searched the internet with very little success, so I am hoping that someone can help me out.

Thx.T;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Use it through bluetooth. Set up your device in the mac bluetooth device setup and go from there. You might have to make your phone discoverable

OP
T
Reaction score
Blue Tooth

Thanks for the reply, I tried that one hoping that it would work but had no luck. Any other suggestions, I have read in place that with the data cable it works on other phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Have your checked howardforums.com? Haven't been there in a while, but there is lots of infor for just what you want to do. May not be easy, though. LG phones do not play nice with macs. Just wish I could get my EnV to work with iSync!

Reaction score
If you tether your phone to your mac, OS X should recognize it as an LG CDMA USB Modem. Click the Advanced button and change the Vendor to 'Other' which will change the model to the only option of 'Verizon Support'. Click OK, fill out the number and credentials and you are all set!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.