Cleaning a screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I used to use these at a job i had to clean the phones and monitors. The only harm that I saw was that they would streak the screens horribly. Had that job for two years and never noticed any damage to the screens. Just didn't clean them well.

They'll be fine to use on the case, but for the screen, I'd suggest using a half damp wash cloth. Keep the other half dry and use it to dry the screen. Works perfect for me. Make sure you wring all the excess water out of your wash cloth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
A damp cloth followed by a dry cloth works best. I use soft wash rags and it works great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I wouldn't use those on your screen. Like the others said a damp microfiber cloth or iKlear. Thats it.....

Reaction score
1. Dilute isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol, as it may contain oil) into a solution of no greater than 50% alcohol and 50% with distilled water / deionized water. Purified / bottled water works well too.
2. Put the solution in a small atomizer bottle, the type that you push from the top to get a fine mist. Don't use this, however, to spray on the screen itself.
3. Apply the solution to a cotton cloth, such as an old T-shirt, lint-free microfiber cloth, or other very soft cloth. A large cloth is best, since it will help to reduce the risk of leaving streaks across the screen from finger pressure.
4. Wipe the cloth against the screen in a circular, or other consistent motion. Apply an even pressure to the cloth but take care not to press your fingers into the cloth or screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.