Ethernet Connection to Corporate PC Network

Reaction score
MacBook Ethernet Connection to Corporate PC Network

I'm new to the Mac, PC literate, but not too network literate. Made the conversion to the new MacBook but canot get it to connect on the corporate network. I think our network administrator is Mac clueless, so I'm having to figure this out by myself.

The only thing I have to do to get my PC to connect is change the default gateway to 10.0.0.2 then delete this to change it back for home, hotel, etc. access.

When I plug in the ethernet cable and run network diagnostics i get the irst three green lights, but it fails at the internet light. I hope this is enough information to help.

Can anyone tell me how to make change Mac settings to connect?

Dave

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm new to the Mac, PC literate, but not too network literate. Made the conversion to the new MacBook but canot get it to connect on the corporate network. I think our network administrator is Mac clueless, so I'm having to figure this out by myself.

The only thing I have to do to get my PC to connect is change the default gateway to 10.0.0.2 then delete this to change it back for home, hotel, etc. access.

When I plug in the ethernet cable and run network diagnostics i get the irst three green lights, but it fails at the internet light. I hope this is enough information to help.

Can anyone tell me how to make change Mac settings to connect?

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
try "renewing dhcp lease" (system prefs>network>double-click on Built In Ethernet>TCP-IP). your network provides an automatic IP, sometimes this needs to be renewed for it to work. hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Sounds like you have a static IP? If so have you set up the Mac to be identical?

Do you know if the connections to your lan are bound by MAC address?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Merged duplicate threads

OP
D
Reaction score
Unsure

Mike,
I'm not sure what you're asking. How do I find out if I have a static IP? How do I set up the MacBook to be identical? How do I find out if the connections to my lan are bound by MAC address?
Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.