Please help. . .I am new

Reaction score
Just purchased an iMac G5. I am trying to transfer my iPod songs from my iPod to my new Mac. The program is telling me that it cannot do anything without restoring my iPod, which will erase everything. It was originally formatted for a Windoze PC. Please help. Can I format to a Mac without losing anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It shouldn't have to reformat since OS X can read the windows file systems. If you open up iTunes it should show up in the Source bar

Reaction score
you can't transfer songs from an iPod to a computer without special software, Apple doesn't want you to be able to do it so it isn't built into iTunes. I don't know the name of the software you need but I remember seeing a review of different ones at ipodlounge.com

Reaction score
It thinks your going to duplicate the songs... Apple just doesn't want you to illegally download songs, or share them.

P

PMJx2

there is a program called Ipod Access that allows you to upload your songs from i pod to i tunes. The only problem is that you can only upload 5 songs at a time with the demo version. That gets very annoying. I'm sure you can search for it on the mac.com website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ipod browser works good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.