Organizational Chart in Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wish to know which application should use to create an Organizational Chart in Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Please suggest if anyone have an idea...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have Office 2008 installed, you can use one of the organizational chart templates available for free download from the Microsoft Office download page. There's also a set of instructions there which show you how to utilize Windows Office templates in Mac Office.

There may also be a way to create an organizational chart using "Pages" or "Keynote" from the iWork 2008 suite published by Apple.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
OmniGraffle

OP
A
Reaction score
If you have Office 2008 installed, you can use one of the organizational chart templates available for free download from the Microsoft Office download page. There's also a set of instructions there which show you how to utilize Windows Office templates in Mac Office.

There may also be a way to create an organizational chart using "Pages" or "Keynote" from the iWork 2008 suite published by Apple.

Regards.

Well, I have installed MS Office-2008 (Student version) in my MacBook and tried to find out Organizational Templates but didn't find anywhere. Infact, I have visited to Microsoft Download site and it seems to be not there too.
Installed iWork, accessed "Pages", "Keynote" but Organizational Chart option is not available out there.
Is there any other alternate available?

Reaction score
I'm also looking for an app to create an org chart. Here are my needs:

* I'd like an app in which, when you drag around a box containing someone's name, the lines that connect the boxes together move and adjust automatically. I've always thought PowerPoint is quite primitive because it can't do that.
* Tiger-compatible
* Under $20 -- free would be even better. (If I can't find something inexpensive, I'll just use PowerPoint).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Org Charts on Mac

I am using Office 2008 for Mac. I have been pleasantly surprised that any of the templates downloaded and used on the PC can also be used on the Mac. Sometimes, iWork will even recognize them. I spent hours trying to figure out where the Mac templates were before I finally realized this. So far, it has worked without exception.

Well, I have installed MS Office-2008 (Student version) in my MacBook and tried to find out Organizational Templates but didn't find anywhere. Infact, I have visited to Microsoft Download site and it seems to be not there too.
Installed iWork, accessed "Pages", "Keynote" but Organizational Chart option is not available out there.
Is there any other alternate available?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Lots of folks overlook the free Windows templates on the MS download site thinking they will not work with the Mac version. I haven't found a Word or Powerpoint template yet that wouldn't work.

The exception being that if you're using Office 2008, templates containing macros will not work. They will in Office 2011, however.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
We're going to go ahead and close this one since it seems that this has caught the attention of spammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.