FireFox Home Hotkey

Reaction score
So just downloaded the new firefox 3 RC2 and I wanted to see what all the hype was about but the one thing that is driving me crazy is that I can't figure out the hot key for "home".

On safari it is shift + apple + "h" key, which I have gotten into a habit of doing. But on firefox, that just brings up the history.

I tried searching and a couple of sites said that the hot key is option + "home" key but when I do that it is nothing happens and the cursor just disappears.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can't seem to find one either..... this may help as an alternative

Reaction score
Firefox Home Hotkey/Keyboard Shortcut in OS X

The solution, I has it:

fn + option + home

(aka fn+alt+home)

This has bugged me forever, and I actually found this post while looking for a solution. When I found the answer (just by pressing combinations of special keys and Home until it worked) I decided to come back here and relay the good news.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sadly that doesn't work on my macbook . . . . . hampered slightly by the lack of a home key ;)

OP
J
Reaction score
Once again, thanks macforumanon.

And Mr. Plow, if you look at your <- cursor button, that should be the home key. I hope I am not stating the obvious but it took me a while to find it, my brain wouldn't register it for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
<mrplow hides his eyes and crawls away embarrassed>

Hidden in plain sight :) Stupid plow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.