BootCamp Problems. Please help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Ok so I don't really even need boot camp but as a switcher I was decided to go ahead and play with it and try to get Windows XP installed. So I stuck in my disk and ran the boot camp assistant and it turned off my computer and as it started up it went to a black screen that said no bootable discs found. So apparently my disc is to scratched or something. So I wasn't able to even start my mbp until someone told me to hold the option key and it would go to mac. So my question is no everytime when my mbp starts up I have to hold the option key or I get the boot disc error, how can I make it stop doing that and just come back to mac OS X like it did before?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open System Preferences in OSX. Click on Startup Disk. Click on the OSX Volume and it will restart in OSX. That should take care of it.

I take it Bootcamp made the partition for XP? Is your XP a Full Install and not an upgrade?

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Yeah my xp was a full install... it just isn't working :-/ I might try buffing out the cd and trying again sometime but since I really don't need it it doesn't matter.

yeah it made the partition but I went back into assistant and formatted it back for os x.

Thanks a BILLION for the help. You'd think that would have been obvious lol. I'm not to quick haha XD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.