Problems upgrading to Leopard

Reaction score
I just bought the Leopard family pack and installed it easily on my macbook. I can't get it to install on my powerpc g5 (2.5 gb ram, 200 gb hd). When I run the dvd, after it checks that the disc is ok, it says it's unable to install and suggests I run disk utility. I've run disk utility twice and it still won't install. My hard drive is striped which I think might be the problem. Any suggestions on what I should try next? Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
My hard drive is striped which I think might be the problem. Any suggestions on what I should try next? Thanks a lot.
What exactly are you referring to? Is the HDD formatted with Mac OS Extended? (HFS+)
You ran "repair disk" with Disk Utility? Any errors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop the install DVD into the G5 and run Repair Disk from Utilities after booting from the install disk and see if the drive can be repaired. You cannot repair a disk whilst booted from it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.