game for MacBook Pro

Reaction score
i have a macbook pro 17", brand new only a week or two old. i installed windows xp on it to mostly play games, and i installed battle for middle earth two. when i try to play though, it says i need to make sure i meet the minimum requirements, have directx 9 or higher, and have hardware acceleration turned off. i have absolutely no idea where to go from here because i thought all this was resolved already and that i would be able to play right away. anyone know how i can get this game to work?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you install XP? Boot Camp partition, Fusion, Parallels? Assuming you installed XP in its own partition using Boot Camp, have you installed all the proper drivers from your Leopard DVD? (Paying special attention to the graphics driver)

BTW, hardware acceleration can usually be turned off and on by utilizing the Control Panel applet provided by the Windows graphics driver. Normally, it's turned on by default.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
If its on bootcamp it should work fine. Thats what I do on my 15" MBP. Make sure you have Direct X *latest version* installed. Should be fine.

Reaction score
Try Start, Run, DxDiag.exe to see what version of DirectX you have installed and click on Display tab to see if your graphics card or chipset matches the min requirements for games. Intel chipsets are usually rubbish for high end games.

OP
C
Reaction score
i just went to the microsoft site and downloaded the latest version of directx. i tried to turn off the hardware acceleration but i cant find it.

OP
C
Reaction score
here is the graphics stuff

GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3212
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Display Connector:

OP
C
Reaction score
i was able to turn off the hardware acceleration but it still didnt work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.