• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Store says no more12"?

C

code777

Ugh, maybe its the holiday season and Apple hired a few temps because last night i again was hanging out at the apple store (this is starting to become a habit!) and the place was packed in (they were having a class for the iPod/iTunes). I was trying out a 15" Powerbook when a saleskid I've never seen before started to use sales tactics that you would usually get when you are trying to buy a car or even at Best Buy. This kid told me that the iBook/powerbook 12" will become obsolete next year :eek: and that they will only have the 14" and maybe a new 17" iBook. I asked him "I thought the 12" model was the hottest seller according to the manager..." the kid said "not that i know of, who would want such a tiny screen? 14" is a minimum in the laptop world, 12" screens were from the early 90's" WHAT!? The second he said, "have you ever heard of firevaulting? that is some crazy mad encrpting. it like moves your files all around in the computer so it hides stuff" these were his exact words. oh well, next to me a college girl was crying because another saleskid plugged in her mini to the 14" iBook and he wiped out her whole mini. 300 songs deleted she was yelling, no backup. ugh, i feel her pain and i have no idea what they were trying to do.

So, i am 99.9999% that this sales kid is wrong about the 12" iBook being discontinued next year. Just last week the store manager said it is the hottest seller in the store next to the mini's/iPods, they couldn't keep them in stock he said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I agree, this sales"kid" is an idiot. I say you go back and set him straight.:mac:

OP
C

code777

for kicks i just called the store and asked them that and the guy who answered started to laugh and said, "**** NO! Its the most popular most affordable most best buy model we have!"

case closed

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
code777 said:
when a saleskid I've never seen before started to use sales tactics that you would usually get when you are trying to buy a car

As you said the kid was trying to get you to look at a more expensive unit.

OP
C

code777

I loved how he said, "dude, 12" screens are so early 90's remember the old Micron laptops?" i started to laugh but didn't burst out...

OP
C

CaptainMack

that kid was crazy. i also feel real bad for the girl. that would suck... i wonder what she will do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.