Stupid Question

Reaction score
I have an express card card reader that I want to install into my MBP. Ok, the thing is, it sits completely flush with the side of the MBP. How do you eject/remove it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I think you have to push in a little harder to eject it. Is it a Belkin card reader?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Well, I misread somethings. sorry about that. Ill try to explain it =/

When you insert the card, it slides in and secures itself in the card slot. To eject it (make sure you click "eject" before removing it, if it does that) push in, and it should sort of "pop" right back out, enough to where you can grab the card and slide it out.

I don't own a MBP so im not sure, but i know that on my old laptop, when i slid in a network card it would sort of "click", and the same for when I ejected it.

OP
Reaction score
Well, I misread somethings. sorry about that. Ill try to explain it =/

When you insert the card, it slides in and secures itself in the card slot. To eject it (make sure you click "eject" before removing it, if it does that) push in, and it should sort of "pop" right back out, enough to where you can grab the card and slide it out.

I don't own a MBP so im not sure, but i know that on my old laptop, when i slid in a network card it would sort of "click", and the same for when I ejected it.

Thanks! That's exactly how it worked!

Reaction score
Iv got an expresscard for my MBP...

The instructions given above are dead on, just press it in a little (you will feel the spring loaded mechanism giving way), then just let it back out, the sprint will pust it out about a centimeter and then just remove it !

Its just like removing an SD memory card from most digital cameras, just push a little and it will eject out when you release !

Easy as that !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Would you mind posting the link to the card reader you are using...

If it sits flush with the computer I might be interested in something like that...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.