just reinstalled Leopard and now no iPhoto or iMovie

Reaction score
i was having some issues with my mac so i completely reinstalled leopard, and when it was all said and done i have no iphoto and no imovie...what happened? any help would be much appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Did you use the install disks that came with your computer? Or a stand-alone copy of leopard? The iLife apps are not part of the OS (Leopard), so if you used the stand alone version, that is where they went. You can restore them from your original install disks by inserting them and installing the software bundles only.

OP
M
Reaction score
oh, ok i installed leopard from a stand alone, i have the original install disks but they're for tiger...should i install from them or would i be better off just buying the new version of ilife??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can install from the Tiger install disks. But if you do, you will have the older versions. It would be better, if you can, to just purchase the standalone iLife apps. The new versions -- '08, are much improved over the last.

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, that is what i'll do then. Thank you so much for the help. any thoughts on the best way to import my pictures back into iphoto? thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Depends on where they are and how they are organized. Are they simply copied to a DVD? Or are they in an iPhoto library on an externdal hard drive? Or what. Need to know something about the structure they are currently in. Give us more information and we can help.

OP
M
Reaction score
i just copied the iphoto folder from my mac to an external hard drive before i reinstalled the operating system...does that help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.