Keyboard question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Hi all,

Seems like every time I type a response (or a letter, etc), I end up with letters that didn't come through and I have to go back and type those letters over - especially the "e."

Seems like the keyboard needs heavy fingers...

Do any of you have similar problems? Or is it the way I type (4 finger) :)

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, MacBook Pro 17"
no i dont notice a problem. the only problem i have is that the size of the keyboard is different than my gateway so im still getting used to it. but other than that when i hit a letter its the only letter to come up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i haven't had a problem with the keyboard. i know the mbp had problems with sticking keys but i dont think that problem was identified in the mb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Maybe you have key krud?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
mines fine and its a refurb.. :)

Reaction score
Got a MBP and never had any problems like that myself...

only issue iv ever had with Mac keyboards is on the Macbook and USB Mac Keyboards where they have a issue with the caps lock button... U have to press it for at least 1 second before it will enable or disable, the way i type, i use my little finger to quickly tap this key all the time, and often it will not register the action !

As for missing general letters on the keyboard, sounds like a dodgy keyboard to me... are you using it in OS X or have you got it running in windows? might wanna check the repeat rate settings or maybe even the language settings, could be something random in there (but if you aint altered the defaults i cant immagine its any software issues)

OP
Noels
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Maybe you have key krud?

I'm assuming you mean dirty keyboard? Don't think that's the problem, it's only 3 months old and I've used KeyboardCleaner (app) to shut the monitor and KB down twice to spruce it up... BTW, KeyboardCleaner is a neat app.

Aztech,

I'm using OS X and haven't fooled around with settings. Will adjust some and try that out...

Seems more to be a "pressure" problem - I have to put lots of pressure on the keys, no light touch here. Maybe I'm typing too hard???

Thanks for the replies...

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.