Windows access internet via ethernet connection to a Time Capsule

Reaction score
I am having trouble with a Windows XP Home edition computer that was hooked up to a LAN via a Linksys wireless router using an ethernet connection. I replaced the router with a Time Capsule and everything is working fine except that a Windows computer with XP Home edition that is hooked up via ethernet (it doesn't have wireless capacity) can't access the internet via the Time Capsule LAN. It is requesting a log in and password when I go through the Windows control panel trying to set it up, even though I set up the Time capsule to require no password. I would not even know what login and password to give it.

I AM NOT trying to access the hard drive via the windows computer, I only want it to be able to get onto the internet via the Time Capsule.

Can anyone help me with this. I am pretty Windows-challenged, so I may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks,

--Kenoli

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.