• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

At&t mobile contract

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I've had At&t for a year and six months. Around 8 months ago I moved to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Service with At&t is almost nonexistent here, I struggle everywhere to get a decent connection.

I would prefer to drop At&t and move to Alltel or Nextel, which both get much better service in this area.

Is there any way I can get out of my 3 phone contract early (by around 6 months)?

I mean they should guarantee majority service around my residency, but they don't, so how can I get out of this dead end service?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
My wife and I have T-mobile and the service is horrible at our house and where both of us work... I called and got a very kind CS person... I was very nice myself and asked if they had any kind of policy for people who have horrible service... She said that nothing was written in stone, but that her managers sometimes let people in my situation out of a contract.

They said they would let us out of our contract...
Note: I think the fact that I had been with Tmobile for over 6 years helped my case.

We will both be getting Iphones when the new ones are available.. :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I've heard that Both Verizon and Sprint will let you out of the contract if there is no coverage to the area where you moved... I believe its the same with AT&T but it could never hurt to call them and see what they can do for you.

Good Luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I've heard stories in the past that if you can turn off the antenna/cell radio on your phone, and then call and complain that they'll let you off.

Not 100%, but I've heard of it working in the past.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm going to try out calling them about it. Maybe just maybe they will release me from this hellish contract.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
good luck with the phone call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Good Luck... Keep us posted, I am kinda curious as to what will happen.

MMM

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey
Welcome in this forum. Hope you will enjoy discussion and you will give good suggestions to other people also.

What? Am I being welcomed, or are you welcoming yourself? Cause I've been here awhile. But welcome anyways.

Reaction score
Miles I had an occasion a few years ago - same as you. I called and they let me out of the contract because of lack of coverage. Let us know how it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.